Live Auction Items
Please take a gander some of the amazing items the Humane Society of Boulder Valley will auction off at this year’s Puttin’ on the Leash. If a trip or other shared experience catches your eye, you may want to discuss splitting the cost with friends before the bidding starts on the evening of April 26!
More Items are being added so check back often.
All-Inclusive Trip for Two to Saint Lucia!
Congratulations Heads-or-Tails Winner! You and a guest are headed to the exotic island of Saint Lucia! St. James’s Morgan Bay is set amid 25 acres of lush hillside gardens tucked into a private cove on the northern coast of Saint Lucia.
This all-inclusive beachfront package features seven nights in a Magellan Gold Star Award resort, funds for airfare for two, dining, beverages, watersports and more!
• Seven nights double occupancy at the St James’s Club Morgan Bay Resort
• Adult-only trip (Must be 16 years or older)
• $1,500 in American Express Travelers Checks to purchase airfare for two
• Includes dining, beverages, resort activities, taxes and service charges
• Expires May 1, 2015
Thank you to Baxter and Cindy Lee of the Wags and Menace Make a Difference Foundation!
Adopting a homeless or abandoned animal from the Humane Society of Boulder Valley is the first step to creating a loving, healthy new relationship with a pet that needs you. The winner of this package will not only make that dream come true for the dog, cat, puppy or kitten of your choice, but you will become a bigger part of our Humane Society family. This package includes some great elements we believe help form and solidify those healthy relationships between pets and people. It also includes some fun ways for you, your pet and your friends and family to show your support for other homeless animals.
The incredible package includes:
- “Name the puppies” for one lifesaving animal transfer!
- 1 free Puttin’ on the Leash premium table for 8 guests to our 2015 event
- Unlimited training for one year for one of your special companions
- 6 free entries (dogs free, too!) to our Cause for Paws Doggie Dash in September 2014
- 1 waived adoption fee for any animal of your choice (Includes 30 days of pet insurance from ShelterCare plus microchip from 24PetWatch)
- 1 year of routine wellness medical care from our Veterinary Clinic for an animal that was adopted at HSBV
The kickoff for this fun package begins with pre-game field passes to experience the action up close while the team warms up. You’ll be right there when Ralphie the Buffalo leads the team onto the playing field against the Warriors. You and eight guests will then adjourn to the best seats in the house. You’ll watch the game in a catered suite hosted by CU Athletic Director Rick George while wearing some new, exclusive CU gear.
- Nine tickets to CU vs. Hawaii on September 20th, 2014
- Pre-game field passes for nine
- VIP treatment for nine in a catered suite
- New CU gear for nine people
- CU Parking Pass
- Meet & Greet with Ralphie
Thank you Rick George, Gail Pederson and CU Athletics!
Ever dreamt of being a pilot? Fulfill your fantasy of soaring the skies with this flight simulator package! You and three friends will experience the rush of flying a powerful jet airliner at the United Airlines Flight Training Center and will receive guidance from an experienced, active airline pilot. These simulators are so life-like and advanced that pilots actually train in them, and they offer a total immersion experience within a fully enclosed flight deck.
- A tour of the United Airlines Training Center in Stapleton, CO
- Attend a pilot briefing
- 2 hours of simulator time
- Simulator selection: Boeing 747, 777,767/757, or Airbus A 319/320
- Appointment necessary. Plane type and times subject to availability.
- Up to 4 people
- Expires April 2015
Thank you United Airlines!
Foodies, get your bid numbers ready! The winner of this package will consult with renowned Chef Jim Smailer, top chef at The Boulder Cork Restaurant, to create a special menu for a dinner party for eight, including champagne and wine.
The Boulder Cork has been Boulder’s best steakhouse for more than 30 years. Their menu is an impressive display of creativity and variety and includes enticing offerings from seafood to steak.
Let Chef Smailer create a truly unique dining experience for you and your guests.
- Create an exclusive dinner menu with Chef Smailer for 8 people
- Includes champagne and wine (provided by HSBV)
- Private dining room experience at the restaurant
- Expires April 23, 2015
Thank you Jim Smailer and The Boulder Cork!
Ski country is calling! Offering over 5,289 acres of downhill and cross-country trails, Vail is considered one of the premier all-around ski destinations in the world. Put your feet up and relax after hitting the slopes at this beautiful, sunny Vail Point townhome. The townhome has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths and can accommodate up to eight guests. This luxurious mountainside ski chalet also features a gourmet kitchen, living room with a modern fireplace, and a balcony with mountain views.
- Seven nights stay in a contemporary Vail Point townhome
- 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms; sleeps eight guests
- Great West Vail location!
- Conveniently located on free bus route to ski slopes and close to restaurants and shops
- Townhome complex includes hot tub for after skiing soaks as well as pool for sunny afternoon sun bathing
- Blackout dates include Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Expires April 2015
Thank you Michaela Phillips!
Looking for luxury? You’ll find it at the Grand Luxxe Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico, a 62 mile stretch of white sand beaches and turquoise waters on the Caribbean side of the Yucatan Peninsula. Grand Luxxe truly is the epitome of luxury and exclusivity, offering unmatched views of the ocean or jungle, superb living spaces, deluxe amenities, and professional concierges, butlers, and private chefs to cater to your every need.
You will be staying in the Luxxe Master Suite, a 2,570 square foot two-bedroom, two-bath suite. It features two Jacuzzi tubs, an expansive terrace with a private plunge pool, gourmet kitchen, dining room, living area with a sleeper sofa, and three 42” LED TVs. The Master Suite accommodates 6 people.
Activities and amenities include: pools, gourmet restaurants, Brio Spa & Fitness Center, world-class golf, tennis, shopping, Kid’s Club, live entertainment, beach parties, Spanish and dancing classes, sports and fitness activities, arts and crafts, and more!
- 1 week stay
- Sleeps 6 guests
- Expires April 2015
Thank you to Boni & Michele Sandoval
Win this trip and experience the breathtaking scenery first-hand. Enjoy a week in the heart of this fascinating city in this beautiful condominium that overlooks the water and the Cambie Bridge. You will be within walking distance to the Olympic Village. Vancouver is a cosmopolitan city — enjoy great shopping, cultural events, beautiful parks, markets and galleries, as well as all of the incredible winter sport opportunities nearby.
- Seven days and seven nights
- Two bedrooms, two bath
- Blackout dates will apply
- Expires April 2015
Thank you Bill Goodacre!
Enjoy a week of sun, sand, and seawater at this picturesque, beachside condo located along Florida’s sparkling New Smyrna Beach. This exclusive condominium has three bedrooms, each with its own bath, and boasts breathtaking views of Florida’s coastline. Want to feel the sand beneath your toes and the salt water in your hair? This is the place for you!
- Seven-night stay
- 3 bedroom, 3 bath
- Ocean front condo
- Located an hour from Orlando International Airport
- Air conditioning
- Blackout dates include the month of February
- Expires April, 2015
Thank you Michaela Phillips!
Wine enthusiasts, spend five days and five nights drinking in the best Napa Valley has to offer! This incredible package will take you to the Meritage Resort and Spa, situated in the heart of California’s wine country. The resort rests on an eleven-acre private vineyard near the juncture of Napa and Sonoma, and offers an unparalleled experience for wine lovers. If you are looking to be truly wined and dined, this is the perfect vacation package for you!
This experience includes:
- 5-night stay in a standard guest room at the Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa Valley
- 6 consecutive hours of chauffeured luxury sedan service
- 3-hour gourmet dinner for 2 on the Napa Valley Wine Train
- Round-trip coach class airfare for 2 from within the 48 contiguous U.S. to San Francisco, CA
- Winspire booking & concierge service
The Cliffs Club, located on Kauai’s northern coast in the town of Princeville is truly paradise on Earth. Kauai is the oldest island in Hawaii and is home to some of Hawaii’s most incredible natural wonders, from its seemingly endless expanses of white sand beaches to its tropical mountains, cliffs and breathtaking waterfalls. After a fun-filled day of exploring, relax in your spacious 1 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite that sleeps up to four guests. Each suite includes two private lanais, from which you can enjoy the beautiful mountain/waterfall, garden and ocean views. The resort also features myriad amenities to keep you entertained, such as a pool, two hot tubs, a fitness center, and a putting green, as well as tennis, basketball, volleyball, and shuffleboard courts.
- 1 week stay
- 11/28 – 12/05/2014
- Accommodates up to four guests
- Suites feature A/C, fully-equipped kitchens, TV, and a washer/dryer
- Does NOT include airfare
- 25 miles from Lihue Airport
You will be staying at the Casa Del Mar Resort at the La Brisa Condominium at the Casa Del Mar II in the Cabo Real development, located almost halfway between the towns of San Jose and Cabo San Lucas. Casa Del Mar Resort is comprised of a 56-room boutique hotel surrounded with private condominiums. This unique semi-private resort is unlike any other in the Los Cabos area.
Amenities include: Swimming pools, tennis courts, swim-up palapa bars, the Cabo Real Robert Trent Jones 18 hole signature golf course, the spectacular “El Dorado” Ocean course by Jack Nicklaus, sundries store, restaurant and bar (recognized as one of the best in Los Cabos) and the Avanti Health Spa.
- Luxury beachfront condo with gorgeous view
- 2 bedrooms, one with king size bed, one with two queen beds, 2 full baths
- Fully equipped kitchen, new outdoor gas grill, washer, dryer, ironing board & iron
- Blackout dates for holidays and spring break may apply
Thank you Scott and Val Walker!
Attention all wine enthusiasts! Have you been looking to start or enhance your own wine collection? This package represents a full range of wine prices and values for a truly comprehensive wine cellar. Continue your current selection or start a new collection with this premium selection!
- 2010 Duckhorn Cabernet
- 2000 Carruades de Lafite Pauillac (Retail value $510)
- 2010 Dumol Pinot Noir
- 2008 Silver Oak Napa Valley Cabernet
- 2009 St. Michelle Artist Series Meritage
- 2005 Robert Mondavi Napa Reserve Cabernet
- 2009 Robert Mondavi Napa Reserve Pinot Noir
- 2009 Heitz Cabernet
- 2009 Far Niente Cabernet
- 2000 Silver Oak Alexander Valley Cabernet
- 1998 Grgich Hills Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1998 Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
- 2008 O’Shaughessy Howell Mountain Cabernet
- 2010 Altamura Napa Valley Cabernet
- 2010 Provenance Rutherford Cabernet
- 2010 Blackbird Vineyards Proprietary Red
- 2002 Joseph Phelps Insignia Cabernet Sauvignon (Retail value $300)
- 2009 J. Davies Diamond Mountain Cabernet
- 1995 Baron de Pichon-Longueville Bordeaux
- 2012 Cakebread Two Peaks Pinot Noir
- 1999 Dalla Valle Cabernet Sauvignon (Retail value $175)
- 1999 Colgin Caraid (Retail value $260)
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS DONORS!
Ezulwini (meaning “Paradise in Swahili) Game Lodges in the greater Kruger Park in South Africa is home to elephants, rhinos, lions, leopards, buffalo, cheetahs, wild dogs and hundreds of other animal wildlife. You and a guest will spend six days and five nights in a magnificent luxury lodge. A chef will prepare your meals featuring authentic African cuisine while you relax by the pool, listening to the magical sounds of the African Bush at sundown.
- Six days and five nights lodging and meals for two at your choice of two luxury lodges
- Two Jeep drives per day for photos
- Taxes, gratuities, airfare & transfers not included
- Must be used by April 1, 2015. Make reservations at least 3 months in advance. Blackout dates apply.
Thank you Ezulwini Game Lodges!
Have you always dreamt of traveling to the Emerald Isle? This incredible six-night getaway is included as an overnight stay at a Historic Clontarf Castle, two full-day excursions, VIP Guinness Storehouse tickets, round-trip airfare and a rental car. Stay in some of Ireland’s most exclusive hotels, including daily breakfast for two.
- Hotel accommodations for six nights in four of Ireland’s finest hotels (includes breakfast):
- Mont Clare Hotel (3-star) – Dublin
- The Old Ground Hotel (4-star) – two nights, in Ennis
- Randles Court Hotel (4-star) – two nights, in Killarney
- Clontarf Castle Hotel (4-star) – in a historic castle in Dublin;
- Includes a Three-Course Dinner for two (excluding beverages)
- Six Day Thrifty Car Rental
- Two VIP tickets to the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin’s top visitor attraction.
- Full day tour for two on the Gap of Dunloe including pony and cart through the Gap of Dunloe and boat trip on the Lakes of Killarney (subject to availability).
- Full day tour for two on the Aran Islands including return ferry, Aran Islands bus tour and entrance into Dun Aengus and The Seven Churches (subject to availability).
- This package includes round-trip coach class service for two from any destination in the 48 contiguous United States or Canada to Dublin, Ireland, subject to availability.
- Blackout dates will apply
- Expires 4/23/2015, subject to availability.
Located in Provence, France, this magnificently renovated, wonderful 250-year-old farmhouse is situated on five acres with spectacular views. This house is beautifully furnished with antiques and original art and has four bedrooms and a study, each with its own bath. The home also features a gourmet kitchen with Viking range, living room with fireplace, and a covered terrace. The charming outside patio with fountain overlooks the swimming pool and surrounding vineyards and cherry orchards.
This unique combination of ancient architecture and modern amenities is cozy enough for a couple’s romantic getaway, yet spacious enough for a family reunion or a vacation with friends. Set in the very heart of the Luberon Valley, it is within easy driving distance of the valley’s most famous hilltop villages, markets and vineyards; including Gordes, Menerbes, Lacoste, Bonnieuz, Roussillon and Isle sur la Sorgue (the area’s largest antique market).
- One-Week Stay
- Four bedrooms and a study, five baths; sleeps eight guests
- Charming outside patio with large swimming pool
- Must be used September 2014 – April 2015; based on availability
Thank you Marilyn and Jim Reynolds!